"Aglow"

"Aglow"

Thursday, December 13, 2012

As the winter solstice approaches

 I'm really looking forward to the winter solstice and any shifts that might occur on the 21st and beyond.  I hope to have time to carve some big sculptures this winter when my work load lightens in January.  Besides carving stone necklaces like the tree and whale pictured above, I have also had fun creating other things like this leopard seal pinata for my daughter's birthday party which was penguin themed so of course she wanted the pinata to be one of the penguins predators so they could bash it....
 also when I found out about the arrival of a friend/co-worker's baby boy I had to make a baby blanket with his name Jasper on it! Excuse the photo it should be upright....
 and of course the cool weather got me knitting a scarf. I find knitting very relaxing although I just started last year and I don't know any fancy stitching but I have lots of time to learn.  For now I'm just enjoying keeping it simple.
So that's what I've been up to lately creatively but I have also been working and helping build an addition to our house which is super exciting.  Wishing you a wonderful winter with lots of fresh snow and good memories!

1 comment:

  1. Elise, my dear, how busy you've been! Love the shot of you in your new scarf. Always delighted by your charming creations. Good luck in every way with the house addition!

    ReplyDelete

"Rebirth"

"Rebirth"